Becoming an Associate Firm publicly aligns our firm with the Society of Mortgage Professionals, the trading style of the Chartered Insurance Institute dedicated to the mortgage and protection sector.
Associate Firms voluntarily demonstrate the adoption of the professional standards set by the Society of Mortgage Professionals enabling them to stand tall behind a culture that places clients and staff at its heart.
Becoming an Associate Firm will allow us to enjoy a closer association with the Society of Mortgage Professionals as we strive to build public trust in financial services and elevate the importance and value of financial wellbeing through mortgage and protection advice.
We follow the the Eight Core Principles of being an Associate Firm:
- Act in the best interests of clients, using a customer charter to aid transparency.
- Demonstrate integrity, probity and fairness by aligning with the code of professional ethics & conduct.
- Comply with the spirit as well as rules of regulation.
- Comply with the spirit as well as the rules of employment law.
- Invest in your people by funding a policy of ongoing training & professional development.
- Operate a clear diversity & inclusion policy, for both your staff & clients.
- Operate a policy of corporate social responsibility.
- Adhere to transparent governance standards and processes.
As individuals and firms, we have the power to build confidence in our services and earn the trust of our clients; but it is only by uniting behind a shared vision that we can influence the future direction and trust of our sector.
The Society of Mortgage Professionals, as a trading style of the Chartered Insurance Institute, has a purpose driven by its Royal Charter commitment, granted by the sovereign on the advice of the Privy Council, to secure and justify the confidence of the public in our profession. We do this by:
- Raising professional standards through knowledge, development and good practice sharing.
- Our members commitment to a code of professional ethics, behaviour and culture.
- Engaging with regulators and policymakers to improve outcomes for consumers.
Our strapline, Standards. Professionalism. Trust., embodies our commitment to driving confidence in the power of professional standards.